Saturday, 11 July 2009

New Terrain Mat

Today I finished a battle mat to use for Callinicum at Claymore on August 1st. It's a model railways mat (vinyl-backed), which I textured randomly, brush painted with acrylic and then washed with watered down cuprinol I had left over from gardening jobs. The figures are Garrison Greeks that I purchased years ago at a show. I added to them, gave them a reasonably modern-style paint job, and based them in my usual way. The results are quite good, since they are sufficiently different from my other figs to do for an enemy army, or for militia hoplites. I deliberately refrained from putting on any shield designs to make them stand out from the rest. There are five units of 36 figures here; I'm half way through the same again, although I have no idea when I'll finish those...

No comments:

Post a Comment