Sunday 29 January 2017

Some more Numidians

Not the best of photos this time, mainly because it is so dull in this country at the end of January. Better than nothing, though. So above we have some Crusader Miniatures Numidian cavalry. These are quite large, so definitely 28mm then, and some of them come with corslets. They would be great for later, say Caesarean period, North African auxiliary horse, but I thought I would paint them as more open formation light types to represent superior quality light cavalry. This is the only shot of them that came out okay, in an attempt to use a daylight bulb; shields are LBMS transfers. There are 36 of them in total. Just finished a couple of infantry command bases as well:
Also by Crusader, these will do duty in charge of the large numbers of light infantry in the army.
I wanted them to appear a little bit grubby in places.
A nice mix of poses, I think. Next up will be another 36 light infantry to go with these guys; no white for those.

7 comments:

  1. Great mix of poses, I agree, and beautiful painting and basing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Phil. I can't wait to finish the current batches of Numidians. My main plan for this year is an early German horde...

      Delete
  2. Very nice Paul! Welcome to my world... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the Numidians down as my light cavalry so I will follow your picks as a painting guide

    Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I'm flattered! You probably can't tell from the angle of the photo, but I painted almost all of the horses as chestnuts/ bays/ tans. White is reserved for the posh guys - and that goes for clothing too...

      Delete
  4. Looking great, you seem to be pumping out those figures. Please send some painting mojo my way, have to get my lazy arse in gear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta much. I don't paint during the week any more - too tired after work - but I seem to be getting quite a bit done at the weekends. You can have my weekday mojo!

      Delete