Monday 1 January 2018

On the painting table: January 2018

Germans, surprisingly enough. I reckon that I'll need one more war band like this and that will give me enough of the standard line of warriors for a decent-sized Tactica game. After that, it's light infantry, skirmishers and cavalry. Not to mention leaders. That should keep me going for a little while.

Then I'll have to make a decision. Believe it or not, this will give me only about a third of what I'd need to run a historical large-scale refight of massive engagements such as Arausio. So there will come a point where I need to figure out if I can stomach the idea of painting more Germans, or take a break and shift temporarily to something else as a breather.

5 comments:

  1. Good article. I absolutely love this website.

    Continue the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be so much easier if we could all just turn a blind eye and use Gauls as Germans and vice versa... But that would be wrong!

    Cheers,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting thought, though - I suppose nobody really knows what the Cimbri really looked like...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love hordes of Germans!
    Great painting Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, James, it’s good to hear from you. Painting has taken a bit of a dive for me for the last six months or so - work is really heavy, so I don’t have the energy...!

    ReplyDelete