Slow progress continues to be made on Anne Boleyn in between batches of work on the Plataea project. For that, I've just finished 24 hoplites for Willie, plus I have 36 plastic Immortal Miniatures hoplites in various stages of semi-preparedness. These are also for Willie, and will be used for the Tegeans and their pals at Plataea. I really like these figures, but I do find the gluing rather tedious. My painting time is relatively limited, and spending large amounts of it constructing multi-part figures is a bit self-defeating. This is not a criticism of these products, since I know that this is exactly the aspect that appeals to other gamers, but it does make them something of a chore for folks like me. I don't mind doing it once every so often, though, and they do make a nice change from metals. Ultimately, what matters is the end result. Since I had the glue out anyway, I did the basic work on 36 Foundry Immortals plus a command base for my contribution to the cause of civilisation at Plataea.
Speaking of which, I'm also about to order the second of my three batches of cork for the table top. I'm planning to paint as much of the figures as possible between now and the end of March, and then construct the battlefield itself. If I can concentrate on that, it should be done relatively quickly.
WBTS - User Submission Declined - :-(
3 hours ago