Tuesday 1 October 2013

On the Painting Tray: October 2013

Working through 180 Celtiberians, by Companion Miniatures.  I hope to have these finished by the end of the month for use at the club First Tuesday game in November (Ilipa).  Half of them have cloaks, which are rather time consuming to paint because of the patterns I'm using.  The other half will be standard Iberian types, painted in pretty much anything other than white so as to set them off from the Scutarii and Caetrati.  LBMS shield transfers on Gripping Beast Gallic shields to finish. I am enjoying these because they are so different from anything else I've painted, and once they're finished that will break the back of the large Iberian project.  There is light at the end of the tunnel...

6 comments:

  1. 180 Celtiberians! You lucky boy... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 180 at one go? You have stamina and fortitude! I'd love to do Celtiberians in 28mm one day. Until then, I'll just look on at your project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Ilipa. The stuff of which Celtiberian dreams are made :) Good luck!

    Cheers,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for looking in on us, guys. What keeps me going is probably sheer bloody-mindedness. That, and a generous helping of deadlines. I find that agreeing to run a large multi-player game means that the peer pressure not to let everyone down is a useful motivation. I also like the idea of some "me" time, and a bit of painting every day is how I get it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lot of work. I suspect that they will look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers, Fred, and thanks for the positive waves.

    ReplyDelete