Saturday 3 December 2016

On the Painting Tray: December 2016

Made a start on some Roman command:
November passed in a blur, partly because of work, but also because of settling in to new house. Part of settling is a desk bureau that Cathy got me as a housewarming/ Xmas pressies:
Quite plain on the outside, almost 1950s or 60s retro.
The lower half has shelf space and a couple of capacious drawers.
The top half has all the nooks and crannies I'll need for paints and stuff, plus a nice A3-sized writing pad. Cover that with paper = instant painting surface. This will live in our kitchen/diner and so will free up space for Cathy to use the computer upstairs without being bothered by little lead people constantly crying "Paint me. No! Me! Paint me!"...

4 comments:

  1. Had a similar bureau and got rid of it about 8 years back. Regretted it yhan with little hands reaching out to grab little men regretting even more.Enjoy your painting space.

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ross, it's good to hear from you. I must admit that I'm missing the gaming in Scotland..

      Delete
  2. Smashing desk Paul. Cathy has always had very good taste. Now, no doubt, you'll be even more prolific than ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Simon, thanks for looking. I don't know about prolific, but I'm hoping it'll help!

      Delete