Wednesday 4 January 2017

Numidian Commanders

When I ordered my Numidian light cavalry from A&A Miniatures, I qualified for two extra packs of figures. So I opted for two packs of Numidian command. Tis turned out to be a good choice, because each pack has three mounted and two foot figures. I've just painted the mounted guys as another couple of minor general types:
I varied the colour schemes a little, but basically these were painted pretty much the same to save time.
Each base has a musician, standard bearer and officer type. I gave them white horsetail standards.
They are quite dynamic, so I spaced them on the bases a little.
I had some LBMs small shield designs left over from a previous batch, so I gave these guys little shields.
A top-down shot to show the basing, and long shadows cast poetically by the declining desert sun. Or, in wargamer-speak, by my daylight lamps...

7 comments:

  1. Great looking command stands, trumpets will resound on the battlefields!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice PAul! We are plugging away at Numidians in parallel. I bet we end up with the two largest 28mm Numidian armies out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi both, thanks for looking. I'll be using these guys sometime soon as Marius and Sulla encounter Jugurtha, Bocchus and some other North African types. This will be a campaign game; in the meantime, I'm waiting for the Glasgow group to play Germans against Gauls. My next project will definitely be a German horde...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Numidians. I have a few myself (somewhere). Just popped here to say Cheers for my Caesar Paul. He turned up few weeks back but with Xmas and a major bathroom leak I have had little time to get on here and say thanks. You are a star man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad he arrived. I hope all is well with the leak; takes a lot of time,money and effort to fix something like that...

      Delete
  5. Excellent Numidian commanders Paul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, and a happy new year to the king of kings.

      Delete