Wednesday 18 April 2012

Benassi Hoplite

Willie gave me this guy.  He already had a basic paint job, so I stuck with it and went for the bright and bold look.  Except for the shield, for which I acquired a template (I can't remember the company's name), and then I worked from that.  He is 95mm from toe to the top of his crest, and on the base is written "Benassi 1980".  I don't usually do large figures like this one, so he is a bit of a one-off.  We'll use him to show who has the initiative at Plataea.


He isn't overly muscled as can be the case with more recent models, and the detailing is smooth rather than complex.  I enjoyed this as a bit of change from the usual, though.

5 comments:

  1. Great idea using him as a Tactica initiative marker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers, Cory, I wasn't sure what to do with him until inspiration struck. The Plataea game will be running at a games show and will have room for four players per side. I was wondering what to do to keep track of initiative in a good visible way in noisy circumstances, and then one of the guys at the club passed this one over to me. Seemed like a good idea at the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice paint job. I'm sure I have a copy of Military Modelling in the attic which has a picture of this model when it first came out. I'll need to go and have a look

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I had no idea who made this figure or indeed its age until I looked at the base...

    ReplyDelete