Sunday 1 December 2013

On the Painting Tray: December 2013

40 slingers and 48 Caetrati: skirmishers for my ancient Spanish army.  The slingers are the last of my Companion Miniatures figures.  To finish off, I've bought the extra Caetrati and a load of light cavalry from Navigator Miniatures at Magister Militum.  They are noticeably smaller than the Companion Miniatures guys, but I'm not too worried about that because they are meant to represent units of younger guys in the skirmish line and on little ponies.  They would fit well with the likes of 1st Corps.  We'll see how many of this lot I manage to finish for the end of the year...

2 comments:

  1. Your work out put is stunning. How do you put out so much lead so fast . Companion minis where can you buy them?
    All the best .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joe, I got lucky - one of the local gamers got a whole load of them when a shop was selling off all sorts of stock. I think he did a deal - basically, the idea was that he would sell them and pay the shop owner a certain amount (I think). He didn't get the money together himself, and asked around to see if anyone else was interested; I jumped at the chance.

    I usually paint a little every evening when I get back from work, maybe an hour and a half (more at the weekends and days off). I production line them, and then grimly grind my way through with deadly boring efficiency! I started painting like this when I was building my Republican Roman army. It was the only way I could make myself face the legions...

    ReplyDelete