I have been gaming since school, moving from historical figures gaming through role playing and back again. I decided to Blog after being persuaded by some friends that it's time I joined the digital age properly. The plan is to showcase various goings-on in my gaming life and keep it updated as much as I possibly can, barring work and real life. Speaking of which - now that I have been on Bogger for a while - I have decided to expand my blogging acxtivities to my work life as well.
Wavre 1815
-
The Battle of Wavre, 18th June 1815 can be overshadowed by slightly grander
events to the west, where Napoleon met his Waterloo. But it can present a
...
Re-furbished dark age huts
-
With recently getting into Pillage and spending most of last year with
Baron's War I had expanded my collection of dark age / early medieval
buildings. T...
Dragons, Demons... and Ducks
-
I've posted before about how my route into wargaming started with
role-playing games. My 1st game was the 'Holmes Edition' D&D set back in
about 78-79,...
Dark & Light Alliance Southern Kingdom Warriors 1
-
Definately inspired, as the review over at PSR says, from the LotR films.
First up the swordsmen. Three grunts and the boss.
The archers. The two on the...
We Interrupt Scheduled Programming...
-
to bring out a late development.As hinted at in the previous post, today's
post was meant to run out a battle report from the Salem Church game with
the Re...
Retreat from Mosow.....errr more French Wagons
-
I know, I know....
Now these great pair of wagons came to me as part of Dave Crook's late
friend Eric's collection, who sadly passed a couple of years ag...
Greyhawkery Comics: Cultists #54
-
Welcome back fanatics! Just to catch you up, the *Cultists of Tharizdun*
were captured by *Markessa*, then dropped *In the Dungeons of the Slave
Lords* t...
95th rifles finished
-
Hi guys
Next in my personal collection, I’ve finished the 95th rifles in 1/72, most
of the figs are printed by myself from NapoleonicSTL files, which ar...
Once More Unto The Pass
-
The harvests had been collected and the Midlish nobles were eager to wipe
out the shame of their repulse at the New Year's raid. It had been years
that t...
Thinking about game systems
-
Five years ago, if I thought about how much I'd invested into games
systems, I would have said that Commands & Colors: Ancients was top of the
heap. I ha...
Barons' War additions (16)
-
Before our family vacation next week, I've been working my way through the
last few Barons' War figures that I had in the pile of potential/mountain
of s...
Baseplates in various sizes
-
I have 3d-printed a lot of models and the wheels and
tracks can sometimes be fragile and to save my little
gems as much as possible I have chosen to ba...
15mm Napoleonic French Cavalry
-
As a break between commissions, I have been working through some Napoleonic
that have long been primed and ready. These four regiments contain 82
mounted f...
Reconsiderations: H.P. Lovecraft
-
This being the 136th anniversary of the birth of Howard Phillips Lovecraft,
I thought it the perfect opportunity to write another installment in my
incre...
Warmaster Revolution Chaos Dwarfs Revisited
-
*The Chaos Dwarfs are a vile black-hearted race, forever waging war in
their relentless search for victims to enslave. Shrouded by the smoke of a
thousan...
Inquisitor Eisenhorn - WIP
-
WIP pic of the iconic GW 54mm Eisenhorn model for the old Inquisitor game
that I'm just now getting round to painting after around 20 years or so.
Hav...
Miniature Wargaming The Movie – now free on YouTube
-
Over the weekend, a new video popped up in my YouTube feed which proved to
be an immediate blast from the past. Evolutionary Films published Miniature
Warg...
Rebellion in Flandres
-
At the turn of the 14th century, in response to French taxation and general
disruption of trade, Flanders rose in revolt. Ghent, Brugge and Ypres
formed ...
Miniatures For Sale (update)
-
For Sale
Update to the previous listed items in February. Removed a few things that
sold and dropped a few prices.
Mostly Citadel oldhammer/fantasy &...
Back to the Brushes 422
-
Painting cavalry has always been a bugbear for me. The horse it's self is
not an issue; it the bloody harnesses! Cutting in a contrasting colour to
the ...
Painting Challenges are Cursed.
-
I think that my summer painting challenges are cursed. First time that I
did a painting challenge during the summer my father died. Last Summer I
tried...
The Miller's Tale - Episode 14
-
Episode 14, in which Mike gets to have a guest back again! Yes, it's James
Morris, back again to explain how Midgard Heroic Battles has been going,
what'...
HMS - Bellona - GHQ 1:1200
-
Here is a brief look at GHQ's 1:1200 model of HMS Bellona, 1760, the
namesake of her class and the prototype for so many of the British 74 gun
ships of th...
28mm WW2 German Fallschirmjager Army Project
-
I've spent last weekend going through a large shoebox of 28mm WW2 German
Fallschirmjager that my friend Rob gave me. It came with other boxes full
of W...
Presenting ... Bob Moss
-
When I saw this Classic Treant from the Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted
Miniatures line by WizKids, I couldn't resist buying it. It looks like it
came strai...
Enfilade 2026 Sharp Practice Game Event
-
This is a work in Progress. I'll be updating it as time permits, filling
out the map with more details and adding the American Rosters. I wanted to
ge...
Thunder at Cassino: Revisiting an Old Friend
-
On December 13th, five veteran members of Madrid's Dragón Club decided to
dust off and display on on a table one of the most venerable games : the
leg...
Projects and stuff
-
Just a simple post, mostly to get me back into the swing of things with
this site...Here is a brief view of my projects:Lots of the same from
before, but ...
Hessian Jaegers
-
During the American Revolutionary War, Great Britain employed thousands
of German auxiliaries to supplement its military forces in the colonies.
A...
working on it.
-
It's been a while since my last blogpost now. That is partly because I had
a bit less time to work on my wargaming hobby. Real world interveined as
they sa...
Marcus Aurelius and the Antonines
-
*Introduction*
Marcus Aurelius was the last of the so-called “Five Good Emperors” (Nerva,
Trajan, Hadrian, Antoninus Pius and Marcus Aurelius), a term ...
Beja completed!
-
This week I have finished the Beja contingent for the Mahdists - I've
halved the Mahdist lead pile! It's not the end of painting Mahdists for a
while lon...
Tabletop Terraformation
-
Only God, the poet writes, can make a tree. But you can make or buy all
manner of miniature facsimiles that will enhance your wargame table and
make your...
Battle of Jena 1806
-
A view across the battlefield showing the state of play at the end of turn
six
We are currently in the midst of fighting a wonderful 1806 scenario
genero...
The Lyrans are coming!
-
Well, not quite - this is my attempt at a Battle Station. It would
actually do for pretty much any of the major powers, but I gave it a base
sandy color...
This is Minuteman: Two-Three
-
Since my wargaming hobby has taken a back(far back) seat to my simming
hobby, I've gone from reading books about the Napoleonic wars etc. To
listening t...
326 BC The Battle of Hydaspes
-
Just posting a few images from the game we played yesterday afternoon, The
Battle of Hydaspes, where Alexanders veteran army fought the Indian King
Porus...
2020 Plan
-
A little late but here we go
Playing games is always the most important part of wargaming for me and the
target remains 100 games. I think I may struggle...
Sci-Fi Hangar by Impudent Mortal
-
I don't like MDF building kits. There are so many minor details that irk me
— the perfect 90 degree accuracy, the little pegs that show through on
corn...
Keluaran Togel Hongkong (HK) Terbaru
-
[image: togel hongkong] Data pengeluaran togel hongkong dan keluaran result
hk pada tahun 2017 merupakan tahun pertama dimana hongkong pools mengalami
pe...
Saga AoM Great Kingdoms
-
Saga Age of Magic is taking off in the Twin Cities and I just finished my
1st fantasy warband, the Great Kingdoms. I'll be taking them on the road
next wee...
Mortal Gods - First Playthrough
-
So my mate, Alan, has been waiting with fevered anticipation for this to
arrive and so when the postie delivered Mortal Gods (originally by a
company ca...
A wonderful surprise!
-
Saturday morning at Adepticon my oldest son Gregory and his very creative
wife Rebecca surprised me by coming to see my game. In addition to this
most wel...
Blucher Revisited
-
Hi Team
It's been a few months since I played a game of BLUCHER so Rowan and I
decided to have another game.
We settled on 250 points each and Rowan comman...
I am writing a BOOK!
-
That's right, fellow blog fans! I've decided to write a book about painting
wargaming collections. It will be going to Kickstarter this *Friday, March
1...
NAPOLEON ET LA RUSSIE ( Nº 2 ) 1805-1807
-
DEBIDO A LA FALTA DE COOPERACIÓN , NI AYUDAS EN METÁLICO, DEBO SUSPENDER LA
PUBLICACIÓN TEMPORALMENTE , PARA DEDICARME A UNOS TRABAJOS DE PINTURA QUE
...
French Line Infantry
-
Here are two battalions of 1812 to 1815 French Line Infantry. The figures
are all Perry Miniatures, a mix of plastic and metal and most of them...
We've moved
-
We are now blogging on English at the University of Gloucestershire and our
new Twitter address is @EnglishGlos. Thanks to all who read, followed,
comm...
The Skinwalker Tribes for Dracula's America
-
Just a quick post as I managed to get around to digging out my *Dead Man's
Hand* figs so I could add them to my North Star figs and so take a pic of
my ...
AWI Project: Beginnings - The Rebels
-
Following on from my post on the British side of the AWI, here are some of
the American troops. 1st Maryland, some mounted command, Southern Militia,
and s...
Hougoumont at 1:3 scale - a late report
-
*West Country Hougoumont*
There were such a lot of photos on this game that it took me over 18 months
to get round to doing a proper report on my blog. Ja...
Nnnnnnineteen, nineteen
-
Hobby News ... salute a distant memory, LARP moot1 done, the GEF
approaching, hopefully a game of CnC naps this week to break the
draughtCommission Paintin...
Otherworld Idol 2
-
Deuxième vidéo, avec le travail sur les éclairages : c'est pas vraiment un
truc que j'ai l'habitude de faire, en tous cas en dehors du zénital et des
éc...
More World War Two Stuff for Syria.
-
Having actually played a second game of Chain of Command and enjoyed it I
decided to spend some hard earned cash & add some extra support elements
for my ...
German Noble
-
This chap has been sitting on my desk since God knows when, which is a real
shame as he is my favourite medieval figure of all time.
Not sure who he ...
'The Pikeman's Lament' arrives
-
In today’s post I received a familiar shaped cardboard package. It was, as
I hoped, the latest release from Osprey Publishing, ‘The Pikeman's Lament’.
Thi...
Tollandor - Political Map
-
The erstwhile Kingdom of Tollandor, situated in south eastern portion of
the continent of Fayrenneth is one of the group of young kingdoms which
sprang ...
Impetus , Antignous the one eye vs Eumenes
-
Tried the full game today and will play again. All photos by Randy, a good
write up of the game on his blog.
http://candiedscorpion.blogspot.com/2016/0...
¡Imagenes Borradas! Deleted Images!
-
Parece ser que muchas de las imagenes de este blog han desaparecido. Se ve
que Inageshack me la ha jugado, así que en cuanto pueda arreglaré todos los
post...
AD NAVALIA
-
Sin autem propter fluctus aut impetus aperti pelagi destinae arcas non
potuerint continere, tunc ab ipsa terra sive crepidine puivinus quam
firmissime stru...
Gone Painting
-
Once again I have decided to join in the madness that is The Analogue
Hobbies Painting Challenge, which has become the biggest online painting
event of the...
Hordes and Heroes on Hexes
-
Alliteration FTW!!
Wow! Doesn't time fly? It's hard to believe it's been nearly a year since I
posted anything here, but there's been a fairly good reason ...
Mage the Awakening: No Mean City
-
Way, way back in 2011 I spoke about starting a Werewolf: The Forsaken Game
chronicile in Glasgow. It kind of fell through, but I've about to start
DMing a...
The Men of the North
-
Wow, it's been a REALLY long time since i've posted anything on the blog. A
lot has happened since the last post back in October. Besides the usual
festivi...
Euron Grejoy and a Braavosi bravo
-
Just a quick post to drop pictures of a couple figures I have semi-finished
(i.e. basing time has not come around yet: I usually wait until I have a
signi...
Is this the End? Maybe for a While.
-
Some of you are probably wondering why there hasn't been any updates on the
website for a while? Well, it's because I'm winding down Lead Legion
Painting S...
D&D Fifth Ed. Starter Box
-
Another package waiting for me today when I arrived home from work; the D&D
fifth edition starter box. A bit of an impulse buy when I ordered it, but
a...
LARRYCON Begins!!
-
A really nice scene I caught on my phone the other night while out for a
stroll. The harvest is upon us!!
Well it has been a wonderful spring and ear...
Quick Note
-
This is just a quick note, to make sure that everyone sees I have a new
page up, with figures I am willing to part with. That is trade or sell to
anyone in...
Reichenberg 1757 part II
-
In Piquet Field of Battle wird zu Anfang jeder Runde die beiden Command Die
gegeneinander gewürfelt, respektive D12+1 für die Preußen und D12 für die
Kaise...
Thracian Mercenaries
-
Those are the somewhat recently released Warlord's Games 'Thracians
with Romphaia' metal miniatures. I figured those would be quick to paint up
but ...
Fortified Chapel
-
Hi, folks. Here's another bit of terrain for our Kings of War table. It's a
fortified chapel made from a Pegasus Hobby Gothic City Building Large Set.
I ad...
Paper buildings
-
This post shows my first and rough attempts to use paper buildings for
scenics. On the web you can find plenty of them both free and to pay. The
ones I u...
When in Rome: Paint and Decals
-
Didn't have much time to get much in the way of painting completed but at
lest I managed to get some of the Aventine Miniatures into a new coat of
paint an...
Raphia - the game
-
Just a few quick and dirty shots to give an idea of how the game looked.
The Seleucid line
The Ptolemaic line
Initial deployment.
Close up of the Sel...
Metal finishes
-
Here's the first model painted with the Alcald line of metallic paints.
It's a Korean war era fighter. F-86F
Been pretty busy working on scale models t...
Huns
-
Here we have some dastardly Hun allies for my Gothic led raiding party.
Here are the armies I have lined up for next Tuesdays game.
Goths
no Name
1 ...
Update
-
There are many of you good fellows out there for whom painting 28mm figures
is a dawdle, and you will have your figure painting techniques honed to
perfec...
Byzantine Army - Part Two
-
Well, I will start this blog episode with a hearty thanks to Jim aka
ColCampbell from TMP! Thanks to his advice on how blog the pictures and the
descripti...
I'm getting better at taking close-ups, but this is the best I can do with longer range photos. This is the first legion completed for Zama. Only three more to go...
No comments:
Post a Comment