I have been gaming since school, moving from historical figures gaming through role playing and back again. I decided to Blog after being persuaded by some friends that it's time I joined the digital age properly. The plan is to showcase various goings-on in my gaming life and keep it updated as much as I possibly can, barring work and real life. Speaking of which - now that I have been on Bogger for a while - I have decided to expand my blogging acxtivities to my work life as well.
Stafford
-
I ventured south today to do a book talk on my way to a couple of days of
golf with some old pals. I stopped in Stafford, mainly because it has a
regime...
Spruce-trees en masse
-
Just before Christmas I looked at the TEMU-range online and
found some cheap spruce-trees that would be very suitable for
wargaming in the 15 mm-scale...
Dominion of the Blue and Grey session
-
I've got about eight of the *Dominion of the X* books from Ork Publishing
but have not actually spent all that much time playing the games. That is
mainl...
Wavre 1815
-
The Battle of Wavre, 18th June 1815 can be overshadowed by slightly grander
events to the west, where Napoleon met his Waterloo. But it can present a
...
Planning My Napoleonic Wargames Army
-
*Table at the start of a wargame*
I am fortunate that I have had a permanent wargames table for many years.
Before we moved to Spain my garage was conv...
Has Hollywood Ruined Wargame Charges?
-
Today I tackle a question that has been bugging me every time I slide my
painted regiments across the wargames table: have movie directors subtly
corrupt...
Re-furbished dark age huts
-
With recently getting into Pillage and spending most of last year with
Baron's War I had expanded my collection of dark age / early medieval
buildings. T...
Dragons, Demons... and Ducks
-
I've posted before about how my route into wargaming started with
role-playing games. My 1st game was the 'Holmes Edition' D&D set back in
about 78-79,...
15mm FIW gaming
-
Over the summer, we played a couple of FIW games using both Muskets and
Tomahawks and Rebels and Patriots. Bruce then took the activation system of
M&T (...
95th rifles finished
-
Hi guys
Next in my personal collection, I’ve finished the 95th rifles in 1/72, most
of the figs are printed by myself from NapoleonicSTL files, which ar...
Barons' War additions (16)
-
Before our family vacation next week, I've been working my way through the
last few Barons' War figures that I had in the pile of potential/mountain
of s...
Gundabad Command Base
-
I selected these two figures to finish off the command base. A pointing
character always goes well with a big grumpy looking commander.
The other characte...
15mm Napoleonic French Cavalry
-
As a break between commissions, I have been working through some Napoleonic
that have long been primed and ready. These four regiments contain 82
mounted f...
Warmaster Revolution Chaos Dwarfs Revisited
-
*The Chaos Dwarfs are a vile black-hearted race, forever waging war in
their relentless search for victims to enslave. Shrouded by the smoke of a
thousan...
Rebellion in Flandres
-
At the turn of the 14th century, in response to French taxation and general
disruption of trade, Flanders rose in revolt. Ghent, Brugge and Ypres
formed ...
Miniatures For Sale (update)
-
For Sale
Update to the previous listed items in February. Removed a few things that
sold and dropped a few prices.
Mostly Citadel oldhammer/fantasy &...
Back to the Brushes 422
-
Painting cavalry has always been a bugbear for me. The horse it's self is
not an issue; it the bloody harnesses! Cutting in a contrasting colour to
the ...
Berdan's Sharpshooters
-
Switching gears a bit and doing some ACW additions with Berdan's
Sharpshooters.I need some skirmish elements for my ACW collection and
thought Berdan's w...
The Miller's Tale - Episode 14
-
Episode 14, in which Mike gets to have a guest back again! Yes, it's James
Morris, back again to explain how Midgard Heroic Battles has been going,
what'...
HMS - Bellona - GHQ 1:1200
-
Here is a brief look at GHQ's 1:1200 model of HMS Bellona, 1760, the
namesake of her class and the prototype for so many of the British 74 gun
ships of th...
850 Romain soldiers
-
It was a real party at the recent EME 2026 event in Lingen, Germany!
All the painted soldiers came out of the crate,
and number 850 was ready just in ti...
28mm WW2 German Fallschirmjager Army Project
-
I've spent last weekend going through a large shoebox of 28mm WW2 German
Fallschirmjager that my friend Rob gave me. It came with other boxes full
of W...
Presenting ... Bob Moss
-
When I saw this Classic Treant from the Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted
Miniatures line by WizKids, I couldn't resist buying it. It looks like it
came strai...
Projects and stuff
-
Just a simple post, mostly to get me back into the swing of things with
this site...Here is a brief view of my projects:Lots of the same from
before, but ...
Hessian Jaegers
-
During the American Revolutionary War, Great Britain employed thousands
of German auxiliaries to supplement its military forces in the colonies.
A...
Marcus Aurelius and the Antonines
-
*Introduction*
Marcus Aurelius was the last of the so-called “Five Good Emperors” (Nerva,
Trajan, Hadrian, Antoninus Pius and Marcus Aurelius), a term ...
Tabletop Terraformation
-
Only God, the poet writes, can make a tree. But you can make or buy all
manner of miniature facsimiles that will enhance your wargame table and
make your...
The Lyrans are coming!
-
Well, not quite - this is my attempt at a Battle Station. It would
actually do for pretty much any of the major powers, but I gave it a base
sandy color...
Snitgob the Mountain Troll
-
Hi everyone, I've managed to complete this Mountain Troll, part of my
Goblin Army for the 'Dragon Rampant' fantasy rules.
Acquired from Ral Partha miniat...
The Dam in the Hills
-
*Sir Blanque* - swordsman and handsome, dashing noble half mer-person
*Marion* - stabby stabby dagger specialist; Nihrain who currently carries
the Runes...
The Dam in the Hills
-
*Sir Blanque* - swordsman and handsome, dashing noble half mer-person
*Marion* - stabby stabby dagger specialist; Nihrain who currently carries
the Runes...
23rd October, Hampshire
-
Alton DBA and the 2021 UK DBA League
After nearly 2 years (since Tarrington 2019), with a trip down to Alton,
we were able to wind up the DBA League's...
326 BC The Battle of Hydaspes
-
Just posting a few images from the game we played yesterday afternoon, The
Battle of Hydaspes, where Alexanders veteran army fought the Indian King
Porus...
Airplane stands for my Aeronefs
-
I've been working on different ideas for my aeronef stands - and finally
got a solution I'm happy with.
For the Aeronef and Imperial Skies rules, hexago...
Crimson Fists Chapter Master Pedro Kantor
-
I kolejna figurka skończona:).
Tym razem żywiczny Pedro od Games Workshop. Zamysł był taki aby pancerz był
podniszczony by był był... stąd wszelkie rozja...
2020 Plan
-
A little late but here we go
Playing games is always the most important part of wargaming for me and the
target remains 100 games. I think I may struggle...
Sci-Fi Hangar by Impudent Mortal
-
I don't like MDF building kits. There are so many minor details that irk me
— the perfect 90 degree accuracy, the little pegs that show through on
corn...
Still here (kind of)...
-
G'day All,
A number of people have reached out to check on me knowing we have awful
bushfires here at the moment. The scale defies explanation and what the...
15mm Savage Northmen Cavalry........
-
*.....from the north and Copplestone Castings!*
*Lots painted but blogging is becoming a little harder to achieve lately
but anyway let's be getting on......
-
Hello Everyone (if anyone is still linked to this blogger account)
I haven't posted in a very long time. I have been active doing alot of
stuff but ive bee...
42 Murray regiment of Foot
-
Since I am concentrating on battlefields around our Maison for battlefield
tours and wargaming them I am selling off my English units for the French
Indian...
Saga AoM Great Kingdoms
-
Saga Age of Magic is taking off in the Twin Cities and I just finished my
1st fantasy warband, the Great Kingdoms. I'll be taking them on the road
next wee...
Mortal Gods - First Playthrough
-
So my mate, Alan, has been waiting with fevered anticipation for this to
arrive and so when the postie delivered Mortal Gods (originally by a
company ca...
Visit to Waterloo
-
I was incredibly lucky to have had the chance to travel to 1 of our
Napoleonic bucket list battlefields this month. With 3 other Napoleonic
daft chaps we ...
NAPOLEON ET LA RUSSIE ( Nº 2 ) 1805-1807
-
DEBIDO A LA FALTA DE COOPERACIÓN , NI AYUDAS EN METÁLICO, DEBO SUSPENDER LA
PUBLICACIÓN TEMPORALMENTE , PARA DEDICARME A UNOS TRABAJOS DE PINTURA QUE
...
French Line Infantry
-
Here are two battalions of 1812 to 1815 French Line Infantry. The figures
are all Perry Miniatures, a mix of plastic and metal and most of them...
We've moved
-
We are now blogging on English at the University of Gloucestershire and our
new Twitter address is @EnglishGlos. Thanks to all who read, followed,
comm...
The Skinwalker Tribes for Dracula's America
-
Just a quick post as I managed to get around to digging out my *Dead Man's
Hand* figs so I could add them to my North Star figs and so take a pic of
my ...
More Pic's - 10mm ECW Project
-
London Auxiliaries- Green Regiment for the Government
London Trained Bands- Yellow Regiment for the Government
Sir George Booth’s Horse and Owen Cambrid...
Some BBDBA
-
For a change of focus, we pulled out Rhys' 15th-century figures to give
them an outing using DBA, version 2; I'm not sure if either of us own a
copy of ver...
AWI Project: Beginnings - The Rebels
-
Following on from my post on the British side of the AWI, here are some of
the American troops. 1st Maryland, some mounted command, Southern Militia,
and s...
Nnnnnnineteen, nineteen
-
Hobby News ... salute a distant memory, LARP moot1 done, the GEF
approaching, hopefully a game of CnC naps this week to break the
draughtCommission Paintin...
Otherworld Idol 2
-
Deuxième vidéo, avec le travail sur les éclairages : c'est pas vraiment un
truc que j'ai l'habitude de faire, en tous cas en dehors du zénital et des
éc...
More World War Two Stuff for Syria.
-
Having actually played a second game of Chain of Command and enjoyed it I
decided to spend some hard earned cash & add some extra support elements
for my ...
German Noble
-
This chap has been sitting on my desk since God knows when, which is a real
shame as he is my favourite medieval figure of all time.
Not sure who he ...
DRAGONES DE NUMANCIA 1808 15mm / Lasalle based
-
Queridos seguidores,
Os presento mi visión de los Dragones de Numancia en la Guerra de la
Independencia .
Aunque no participo en la batalla de Bar...
¡Imagenes Borradas! Deleted Images!
-
Parece ser que muchas de las imagenes de este blog han desaparecido. Se ve
que Inageshack me la ha jugado, así que en cuanto pueda arreglaré todos los
post...
El Cid - Reconquista pt 8
-
I have just finished up four bases of Skirmish bow. I have been busy with
school - still - so I have not had too much time for painting. I am at
least on t...
Hope everyone is well. Keep creating.
-
My daddy "Captain Richard" love creating burning or destroyed buildings.
This is one of my favorites. He had since dismantled this one as everything
was i...
Mage the Awakening: No Mean City
-
Way, way back in 2011 I spoke about starting a Werewolf: The Forsaken Game
chronicile in Glasgow. It kind of fell through, but I've about to start
DMing a...
The Men of the North
-
Wow, it's been a REALLY long time since i've posted anything on the blog. A
lot has happened since the last post back in October. Besides the usual
festivi...
Noble Knight games comes through again!!!
-
I have just concluded several transactions with Noble Knight games, the
first being some ASL stuff mainly and then some miscellaneous hex and
counter games...
Euron Grejoy and a Braavosi bravo
-
Just a quick post to drop pictures of a couple figures I have semi-finished
(i.e. basing time has not come around yet: I usually wait until I have a
signi...
Is this the End? Maybe for a While.
-
Some of you are probably wondering why there hasn't been any updates on the
website for a while? Well, it's because I'm winding down Lead Legion
Painting S...
LARRYCON Begins!!
-
A really nice scene I caught on my phone the other night while out for a
stroll. The harvest is upon us!!
Well it has been a wonderful spring and ear...
Reichenberg 1757 part II
-
In Piquet Field of Battle wird zu Anfang jeder Runde die beiden Command Die
gegeneinander gewürfelt, respektive D12+1 für die Preußen und D12 für die
Kaise...
Thracian Mercenaries
-
Those are the somewhat recently released Warlord's Games 'Thracians
with Romphaia' metal miniatures. I figured those would be quick to paint up
but ...
Fortified Chapel
-
Hi, folks. Here's another bit of terrain for our Kings of War table. It's a
fortified chapel made from a Pegasus Hobby Gothic City Building Large Set.
I ad...
Fotos Jornades Alpha Ares 2013
-
Hola a tothom,
Com que encara estan reparant la meva càmara; no puc oferir fotos pròpies
de les Jornades de Portes Obertes del club Alpha Ares que es van ...
That is not dead which can eternal lie ...
-
... and with strange aeons even death may die.
I'm not dead, just working on something else. That "something else" should
be released before the end of the...
Metal finishes
-
Here's the first model painted with the Alcald line of metallic paints.
It's a Korean war era fighter. F-86F
Been pretty busy working on scale models t...
Talisman Boardgame
-
Recently, "Fantasy Flight" company re-published old classic - "Talisman"
boardgame. I was aware of the game but never played it before. Few months
ago I p...
Huns
-
Here we have some dastardly Hun allies for my Gothic led raiding party.
Here are the armies I have lined up for next Tuesdays game.
Goths
no Name
1 ...
28mm terrain for AE Bounty
-
hello,
just a progress shot of some modular terrain boards Im working on for AE
BOUNTY.
these are 2 out of 4 boards im working on. each is 24 b...
Update
-
There are many of you good fellows out there for whom painting 28mm figures
is a dawdle, and you will have your figure painting techniques honed to
perfec...
MY SECOND ATTACK AT THE ROMANS
-
The wounds received at the battle of Zama on Saturday have now healed and
once again I am about to attack those pesky Romans, this time with a paint
brush,...
In between batches of Romans for Zama, I'm trying to keep some sanity by completing various renovation jobs on my other classical period figures. Some are painted better than others, so need less updating; some are entirely unpainted. The guys above are a mix of Old Glory in the front rank, and Essex behind them. Even the Xyston lances are getting a bit bendy, but some freshening up and re-basing has extended their gaming life very nicely.
No comments:
Post a Comment